Funding & Support
We give donations to indigent & deserving patients, especially women & children to help with their medical bills.We have so far on this particular service, raised some funds for some indigent patients. Below are brief summaries of some of the patients.
- A 14 year old girl diagnosed with a malignant germ cell tumour of the ovary (ovarian cancer) which was operated on. Total of N900, 000 was incurred for her subsequent investigations and treatment with chemotherapy.
- A 27 year old HBSS patient who had Emergency Caesarean Section on account of Intrauterine growth restriction and Pregnancy induced hypertension. She developed convulsion after delivery. She could not afford a brain CT scan. MRH assisted with that and some tests and treatments. She recovered well and mum and baby are fine.
- A 28 year old patient with puerperal sepsis in ICU, who was adequately manage and was subsequently discharged home. With a donation of forty thousand naira (40,000.00), she was able to pay for her medications/investigations.
- A 42 year old patient admitted on account of progressive abdominal swelling, abdominal paw and difficulty in breathing. The prescribe medications were Moropenem and Amikacin which she could not afford. A total of 51,000 were donated to support her.
- A 25 year old patient, who had an emergency caesarean section on account of prolonged labour and fetal distress following referral from General Hospital Mushin. She was delivered of a set of twins. Medications and investigations were not forthcoming postoperatively on account of financial constraints. With a donation of twelve thousand naira (12,000.00), she went home with her babies in good condition.
- A 25 year old house wife, who had emergency caesarean section on account of prolonged obstructed labour with fetal distress. Due to serious financial constraints, she was unable to pay for any medications/investigations. With a donation of twenty thousand naira (20,000.00), she was able to pay for her medications/investigations.
- A 37 year old pregnant housewife admitted on account of convulsion and loss of consciousness of a few hours. The money donated was used for her investigations. She survived and was discharged home.
- A 28 year old patient admitted on account of heavy bleeding per vaginum at 38wks GA. She was transfused with some pints of blood which MRH paid for, patient was subsequently discharged home.
- A 21 year old house wife, who had a spontaneous vaginal delivery, remained in the ward more than a week after being discharged, due to financial constraints, she was unable to settle the hospital bills for herself and her baby’s discharge. We paid her bills so she could go home with her baby.
- A 21 year old patient admitted on account of severe preeclampsia. She was transfused with 2 pints of blood which MRH paid for. Also her baby had neonatal jaundice and investigation was paid for.
- A 24 year old patient diagnosed of ruptured ectopic pregnancy, had emergency exploratory Laparotomy. A donation of 40,000 made to assist in her investigations/medications.
Below are the criteria for funding
- Young age (less than 40 years)
- Condition with favourable outcome/ good prognosis.
- Person adjudged to have genuine financial constraints.
- Patient/relatives should be interested and committed to the management of disease condition.
- Concurrent financial support from patient/relatives.
To qualify for any financial assistance, all major criteria and at least one minor criterion must be met.
Maximum financial assistance shall not exceed 40,000.00.